Ok so these brownies might be one of the best things I have ever made. No exaggeration.
They were gooey (like a brownie should be) and chocolatey and also ONLY made with healthy ingredients! Crazy.
I recommend as a post – yoga snack. Or with soya custard as a delicious desert.
Here is how I made them…
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of raisins / sultanas / dates
- 125g ground almonds
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- oat / soy / almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Then steam for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Blend together sweet potatoes (once cool) and your dried fruit. I used raisins just because that is what we had in the house, but works very well with medjool dates.
- Add wet ingredients (sweet potato mix) to a bowl with ground almonds, flour and cacao powder. Add your choice of plant based milk to the mix if it looks dry.
- Pour into a tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Check if they are done and give them a little longer if needed, just until they are cooked all the way through.
- Leave to cool.
I drizzled mine with tahini as a finishing touch.
I hope you enjoy these guys!
PS recipe adapted from deliciously ella 🙂