I made this granola totally by accident but it surprisingly worked out super well. I was really craving granola on my nice cream. I had just done a pretty hard and energetic yoga class so I couldn’t face walking to the shops (even though it isn’t far). So I decided to make granola instead of buying it. However.. Usually I would use medjool dates but we had none in the house, so it was time to get creative…
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup oats or muesli
- 3tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 200degrees.
- Blend your pear in a blender. It doesn’t need to be completely blended, just enough for there to be some liquid to coat your oats.
- Add your oats or muesli. The first time I made this I used oats and that was fab. But the second time I made it I added muesli because it had the bits of nuts and dates in which added extra flavour and texture to the granola. The other option is to use oats and just add the extras yourself. Do whatever works for you.
- Blend everything up with the cinnamon as well until it is mixed nicely.
- Pour onto a tray and put in the oven. Check after about 10 minutes and maybe move the granola around a bit so it doesn’t burn.
- Place back in the oven for an extra 5 or 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then enjoy!!
This is a really simple and quick recipe but it is one of my favourites at the moment. Hope you enjoy it!