So I was making brownies the other day and they turned into cookies… I have no idea why but they turned out pretty awesome and I ate this whole batch in a day!
I have sort of made it my mission to come up with recipes that are healthy for the body but also taste amazing and are indulgent too. Finding the balance of eating foods which you love and crave, yet also nourishing your body can be difficult. In my yoga practice I notice my body doesn’t perform well after I have eaten a lot of vegan junk food, but sometimes that is all I want! So finding a compromise is essential.
When I wrote my blog post on Eating to Empower I wanted the message to be Eat what makes you feel GOOD! This is both spiritually, mentally and physically. Only you can decide that since we are all different.
So play around with eating foods that make you feel empowered and like you could achieve anything in life, because you can!
- 100g cooked beetroot
- 100g organic pitted dates
- 100g rice flour
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- a splash of soy milk
- Preheat your oven to 160degrees centigrade.
- In a food processor mix the cooked beetroot and dates into a paste. Note, if you do not have a food processor then a blender will work, or you can just mix by hand and chop the dates up finely.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix into a dough. Add a splash of soy milk (or any other plant based milk) to help bring the ingredients together.
- Using your hands, roll a tbsp amount of dough into a ball and then press on a baking tray with your fingers to create a biscuit shape.
- Once you have all the biscuits on the tray, bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn the oven off but leave the biscuits in the oven to continue baking gradually.
- Take them out when they are cool.
I used all organic ingredients because I believe that is better for the environment and your body. I chose GF flour because I feel my best when I am eating less gluten, I stay energised and a lot less bloated. Finally, sneaking in the beetroot into the cookies adds sweetness without using refined sugar and beetroots are full of immune boosting vitamins! All to help you feel 10/10 and become your best self.
As always, let me know how they turn out!
(Ps. I have a youtube video up explaining the whole recipe!)