Tomorrow I have my next weekend of yoga teacher training. I am super excited for it and grateful I have had today to prepare. It is an intense weekend, jam packed with learning and engaging with others. This leaves me little time to make food.
With weekends like these it is essential that I feel my best and I’m energised. Otherwise I just don’t have the energy to sustain the work and concentration needed. Healthy food is thus very important for me.
I came up with these noodles to take for my lunch tomorrow and I thought I would share it with you all!
- 1/2 medium pumpkin
- 200g tahini
- 1 portion noodles (55g)
- Roast the pumpkin until it is soft. I chopped it up and the cooked it in the oven at 200degrees centigrade for about 40 minutes.
- When the pumpkin has cooled, blend it all up with some water so it is not so thick. I blended mine with the skin, but if you prefer you can remove the skin before hand.
- Add the tahini to the pumpkin and blend that in as well. Taste the mixture and add whatever else it needs: more tahini, salt/ pepper? It is up to you.
- This is the sauce for the noodles but obviously there is a lot extra! Store the extra in a container: either in the fridge or freezer.
- Cook the noodles. Follow the instructions on the packet. I used rice noodles because that is what we had in the cupboard, but buckwheat also would work well.
- Mix the noodles with 2 or 3 tbsp of the sauce (depending on your preference).
- Pack with veg on the side and you are ready to take it for your lunch!
Along with my noodles I will be bringing my chocolate cookies and a massive smoothie. All this should keep me sustained for all the yoga. Bring it on!
Other recipe ideas? These books are my favourite for inspiration: