I have been making these cookies almost everyday this past month for everyone I know. They have almost become famous in my house and honestly they are the most delicious things you will ever taste! No one can believe that they are vegan, that is how good they are.
- 200g vegan margarine
- 170g icing sugar
- 100g dark chocolate
- 230g white self raising flour
- 200g oats or muesli
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter, sugar and chocolate.
- When everything has melted take the pan off the heat and add the flour and the oats/ muesli to the melted mixture.
- Add extra flour if the mixture is very wet, and then roll into balls.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees, and then turn the oven off and allow the biscuits to continue cooking for an extra 15 minutes in the switched off oven.
I like to reduce my washing up so I add the flour and oats straight into the pan. However if you want it is often a little easier to add everything to a bowl and mix in there. This also means that the mixture isn’t so hot, so when you shape it into biscuits you won’t burn yourself.
There are many opportunities to interpret this recipe to suit your own taste buds. I usually use plain oats so that everyone in my family is happy, however this time I used muesli for the simple fact that we were out of oats. Both work fine. You can add other ingredients such as nuts, seeds or dried fruit to these biscuits and that works well. Simply substitute some of the oats for whatever you wish to add.
I hope you love these biscuits as much as I do and let me know how they work out!