I have never had vegan blondies before, but today I wanted to experiment with something a little different. I have many ‘go to’ sweet recipes such as my chocolate beetroot cookies or classic cookies (can you tell I am a cookie sort of person… ) but today I definitely felt like trying something new.
This recipe is great, it is completely gluten free, refined sugar free and packed with protein. I wasn’t sure about adding butter beans but they give the blondies a really good texture and add to all the goodness.
- 120g rice flour
- 3 heaped tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tin (240g) butter beans
- 3 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp syrup (I used THIS syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Drain and rinse the butter beans and mash them into a paste, I used a fork but you could easily do this in a food processor if you want it to be smoother
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, adding extra syrup to taste
- Spread out onto a lined baking tray, you will need to press the mixture down with your fingers
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven once golden and leave to cool
There are lots of swaps you can do with this recipe. You can use any flour, I use rice flour because it is my absolute favourite and is gluten free, but if you prefer plain flour then this works well too.
You can try this recipe with chickpeas rather than butter beans, both work fine. Also you can choose your favourite nut butter, if you don’t want to use peanut butter then I would recommend almond butter or cashew butter.
Also adding chocolate chips to this recipe works well! As always, make the recipe work for you.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think!
Check out my favourite resources and support me by clicking on the links below:
Here is a list of all my favourite BOOKS
Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of Audible
Book YOGA RETREATS
Book MEDITATION RETREATS