Hey, this was my lunch today and I thought I would share the recipe. Honestly, it was epic! This recipe would be perfect for pancake day (which is coming soon) or just a reasonably healthy meal! The recipe serves 1 person, but you can easily double it to make more.
- 2tbsp milled chia seeds (+6tbsp water)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3-4tbsp rice flour
- syrup (to taste)
For the JAM
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1-2tbsp syrup (to taste)
- peanut butter
- any other toppings you would like
FOR THE JAM
- Add the blueberries and syrup to a pan, and cook until the mixture thickens. I used frozen blueberries and cooked them on a high heat for about 7 minutes.
FOR THE PANCAKES
- Mix the chia seeds and water in a bowl and leave to form a ‘gel’, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Mash the banana and add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Add syrup to the mixture, this will depend how sweet you want the pancakes. I would recommend tasting the mixture to get the sweetness you require.
- Using a non stick pan, fry the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side until they are turning golden and cooked through.
- Plate up with the jam, peanut butter and any other toppings
I hope you guys like this recipe, it is a simple and quick one today but pancakes are thoroughly my favourite thing ever so I wanted to share this recipe.
Let me know how they turn out!
(not the most photogenic photo out there, but I can assure you these were delicious..)
Check out my favourite resources and support me by clicking on the links below:
Here is a list of all my favourite BOOKS
Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of Audible
Book YOGA RETREATS
Book MEDITATION RETREATS