It has been snowing in London this week and that calls for hearty, thick soup! I love soup and it makes me so nostalgic, when I was a child we used to have homemade soup every weekend and so this recipe totally reminds me of my childhood and days spent playing outdoors in the snow. There is nothing more satisfying then spending a day outside in the freezing cold and then coming home to HOT soup!
This is such an easy dish to make. All you have to do is chop the vegetables and add them to a pan, that is it. The secret to a really tasty soup is leaving it to cook for hours! Trust me, the longer you cook it the better it tastes…
- 1 large potato
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1/2 courgette
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tin cannelloni beans
- 1 tbsp vegan stock
- Dice the potato, broccoli and courgette and add to a large pan.
- Cover with hot water and add stock.
- Bring to the boil and then leave to simmer on a low heat until cooked. (I left mine to cook for about an hour.)
- Add the peas to the pan and continue to cook. Add extra water if needed.
- Rinse the beans and then add these also to the pan. Continue to cook.
- When you are ready, blend the mixture. It will need more water, so add as much water as needed to blend the soup into your required consistency.
- Season to taste.
Check out my favourite resources and support me by clicking on the links below: