So the story behind this granola starts with bananas, specifically ripe bananas.. (a hard thing to come across if you live in the UK and eat as many bananas as I do!) .. anyways, for the first time probably ever in my life I had too many ripe bananas and I was thinking what to do with them..
Because our freezer is already overloaded with bananas I thought I would bake some into a snack of some sort, so I went about rummaging around our cupboards for any spare ingredients whatsoever.
All I could find was flour, muesli and desiccated coconut so I thought I would bake some cookies, but it turned out all we had was 1 tbsp of flour and 3 tbsp of muesli, so the mixture was waaaay too wet and crumbly to form any cookie, so instead I went about making granola..
And you know what? It turned out pretty damn great.
- 3-4 tbsp museli (I used THIS ONE)
- 1 tbsp flour (optional)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ripe banana
- EXTRAS: cacao nibs, goji berries, cinnamon, dried mango…
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mash the banana with a fork and mix with all the dry ingredients
- Add any extras you wish
- Spread the granola out on a baking tray evenly, and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until golden. Make sure to take the granola out every 10 minutes and move it around a little so that it gets evenly baked!
- Leave to cool and then ENJOY (it won’t last long!)
This is so so so easy and simple, yet it is a really nice granola because it is not overly sweet with sugar and not full of oil (like so many shop bought cereals). I love it and will definitely be making this again! Let me know how it turns out, I love hearing from you guys!
Check out some of my favourite resources and links below:
- Listen and subscribe to my podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud.
- Here is a list of all my favourite BOOKS
- Sign up for a FREE 30 day trial of Audible
- Book YOGA RETREATS
- Book MEDITATION RETREATS
(you are helping to support me by checking out these links, thank you)