*No food processor required
The inspiration for these came because I wanted to come up with an energy ball recipe that didn’t require a food processor. In London I have little space (and little money) so I am currently without a high powered blender, that doesn’t stop me making energy balls though!
I am pretty proud of these because even without the food processor to blitz everything together, they still have a really soft texture. This recipe is just the basics, so you can modify it however you want to create different flavour combinations. Peanut butter and chocolate will forever be my favourite, however I also love adding ginger powder or orange zest and orange chocolate.
- 100g medjool dates
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 100g oats
- 50g vegan chocolate (I used THIS one)
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Pit the dates and add them to a large mixing bowl. Use a pair of scissors (or knife) to cut them into small pieces- the smaller the better!
- Add the peanut butter and stir well.
- Then mix in the oats and cinnamon.
- Melt the chocolate and finally mix that into the rest.
- Shape into balls (this recipe made about 8 for me) and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Instead of medjool dates you can use any other variety of dates, or I have also found that dried figs taste very good in this recipe as well if you want something a little different.
- You could use almond butter, cashew butter or even tahini instead of peanut butter.
- Try replacing cinnamon for cardamon or turmeric. If you have maca powder or lumaca powder these also work well as well!
Shop this recipe:
Let me know how these work out for you and if you have a flavour combination that you LOVE, I would love to hear.
If you are interested in seeing my day to day life you can follow me on Instagram.
Here is a list of all my favourite BOOKS.